If Disaster Strikes!
If disaster strikes, will you be ready?
It is important to prepare before a disaster occurs. Consider the following steps to better prepare for an an emergency situation.
- Sign up for local alerts and warnings. Download apps, check access for wireless emergency alerts.
- Develop and test emergency communication plans
- Assemble or update emergency supplies.
- Learn about local hazards, and conduct a drill to practice emergency response actions.
- Participate in a preparedness discussion, training and class
- Collect and safeguard critical documents.
- Plan with neighbors to help each other and share resources.
- Document property and obtain appropriate insurance for relevant hazards.
- Make property improvements to reduce potential injury and property damage.
Emergencies can happen anytime to anyone. Take action now to protect yourself and your property.