Dangers of Deep Frying A Turkey
5 Dangers of Deep Frying A Turkey
- Turkey fryers can easily tip over, spilling hot cooking oil over a large area or surface
- An over-filled cooking pot can cause cooking oil to spill or splatter when the turkey is placed in the pot
- Even a small amount of cooking oil on a hot burner can cause a large fire.
- Without thermostat controls, deep fryers can overheat cooking oil to the point of igniting a fire
- The sides of the cooking pot, lid, and pot handles can get dangerously hot.
Did you know cooking equipment is the leading cause of residential fires? As the holiday season begins and you find yourself in the kitchen more often while hosting friends and family, fire precautions should be top of mind.