The fourth of July is a time to celebrate with friends and family at a barbeque or picnic. With traditions of fireworks and bonfires, there may be some potential dangers along the way. In order to celebrate safely when it comes to these events, consider the following tips provided by the U.S. Fire Administration.
- The best way to enjoy fireworks is to view public fireworks displays put on by professionals.
- If you plan to use fireworks, ensure they are legal in your area.
- Always read the directions and warning labels on fireworks. If a device is not marked with the contents, directions and a warning label, do not light it.
- Supervise children around fireworks at all times.
- Stand several feet away from lit fireworks. If a firework does not go off, do not stand over it to investigate. Pour water over it and dispose of it.