BEFORE THE FEAST
Safety first before the feast!
Each November, families gather to celebrate Thanksgiving by preparing a delicious feast, but if you don't practice safe cooking habits, your happy holiday could become hazardous very quickly.
Cooking is the main cause for home fires and injuries. Review the following safety tips to help ensure you can enjoy a safe holiday.
- Never leave cooking food unattended-stay in the kitchen when frying, grilling, or broiling food.
- Check food regularly while cooking and remain in the home while cooking. Use a timer as a reminder that the stove or oven is on.
- Keep the kids away from the cooking area. Enforce a " kid free zone" and make them stay at least three feet away from the stove.
- Keep anything flammable-pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging and towels or curtains- away from the stove
- Do not wear loose clothing or dangling sleeves while cooking
- Clean cooking surfaces on a regular basis to prevent grease build up.
SERVPRO of Crofton/Odenton/Severn Professionals wish you a safe and happy holiday season.